- A match consists of the best of 3 sets of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that set.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that set.
- Toss will decide who starts service in first set. The side winning a set, serves first in the next set.
Few Standard rules for the Doubles game (please refer International Badminton Standard rules for more information)
- As per standard rules, side lobby is allowed for service. Both side and back lobbies are allowed for rest of the rally until shuttle drops to the ground.
- At the beginning of the set and when the score is even, the server serves from the right service court. When it is odd, the server serves from the left court.
- If the serving side wins a rally, the serving side scores a point and the same server serves again from the alternate service court.
- If the receiving side wins a rally, the receiving side scores a point. The receiving side becomes the new serving side.
- The players do not change their respective service courts until they win a point when their side is serving.